Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wrap Up!

Ok, need to keep this more updated I'm told. Sorry Chris! haha So here we have some updates.

First my C Film I finished in June.

http://kuklamusic.com/theater.php

As well as some concept/story panels from my new film about gay cake toppers titled Toppers. Until I find a better freaking title. lol Suggestions are WELCOME! Anyway, I really want my film to LOOK like cake. So when you watch it I want to you leave feeling a craving for delicious pastries. Ergo I've decided to loosen up the style a bit. All line work not on a character shall be white or a varying shade. All color work will be fuzzy around the edges and always saturated. I want spongey cake feel and textures which means research. I expect to gain a bajillion pounds for this film lol. Film starts off rainy and blue and pumps it's way towards pink by the end. Because pink cake = AWESOME cake. I'm thinking of tones along these lines.... only more saturated. Internet ate the saturation in upload!


God I love that color!

As for my characters. I really would love to have them be bold black lines with one splash of color. Sorta like this animation I saw on cartoon brew for Sunblock once.


The Hero's would be his cape obviously and I think it'd look great to have color trailing after him in the action sequences. Still need to pick a color for him though. And it can't be purple because that's just too obvious. I was thinking yellow? Pops on both the blue and pink backgrounds I'll have. Plus softens his character up a bit. I dunno... I'm going to play with the hue slider in Photoshop for like a day before I decide haha.

Really need to work on finalizing characters this weekend too. So much to dooooo. Anyway onward to ART!


Opening scene. I wanted a more lower POV for my opening since the film is about toy sized things and all. My original I felt was too flat. See?



A classmate had an awesome idea that I should theme his cake like Superman's Fortress of Solitude. Only I don't want to get sued so instead we have the Acropolis of Aloneness. Way better than the Manhattan cakes I went through! Which you can see below. Brooklyn Bridge cake and Empire State Building Top cake. Fails.





The crazy pervy sparkly unicorn cake next door. They like licking things... and each other.



Upset Bride with lovestruck Groom in the background. I need to give them names! Everything in this movie needs a name. Hero, Groom, Bride, Unicorn gets so boring to repeat over and over during board presentations!


Because every Fat Kid dressed in spandex wants a super hero birthday cake.


At one point my Bride pushes the Groom into the cake for flirting with the Hero. So he pulls her in too. Saves me animating half their bodies for half the film! Yay!


Random take from my scene folder. I just grabbed whatever haha.


SO ALONE.


SO READY TO SAVE HIS MAN.


Creating more challenging camera positions for myself.


Lick.


End sequence involves the Hero ripping open Pinata's to save his Groom from leaving the cake shop in a box. This is one part of that flying sequence.

ALL IN 3 MINUTES! GO ME!

And I feel like sleeping now so that is all for today! :)

2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYYAAYAY
    i love it so much.
    I WANT IT NOW

    ReplyDelete